For this short Easter break I went to Suceava, in Bucovina region.
Suceava (pronounced Sue-cha-va) is the perfect jumping off point for exploring the famous painted monasteries of Bucovina. This time we went there just for the city itself.
Things to do in Suceava on a full day:
– Visit the Suceava Citadel Cetatea de Scaun and beside the archeological site from XIV century you get a wonderful view over the city and surroundings. Near it’s also the Village Museum.
– Go to Iulius Mall – not for the shopping spree but for the orange tower at the entrance – the mall used to be a factory and the chimney is still standing as a mark of the city (200+ m high)
– Near Iulius Mall, right at the roundabout, there’s a big bazaar – you can find there things you never thought about 🙂
– Eat at Latino in central city – a very classy restaurant from which I recommend a „supa de ceapa” (onion soup). Prices are low compared with other European countries but the highest for Suceava.
– Quick view of the train station – one of the nicest ones I saw – all red bricks – with a British accent I must say.