We are preparing for new travels and so I want to close the Cyprus chapter with a top 10 things we loved there.
Here we go:
- the border between North and South Cyprus that runs right through the heart of the old walled city of Nicosia
- the bazaar in Turkish Nicosia – real turkish bazaar with great spices, sweets and clothes
- very nice public restrooms all over the cities: Nicosia, Larnaca and Limasol
- cats everywhere – no other island where I’ve been had so many and so diverse miaunitas – check the dedicated page Cats around the world
- the biggest and double rainbow I have ever seen (yeah, what does it mean?! Right? )
- cheap Heineken beer on the beach and free sunbeds in Larnaca just near the Central Station Finikoudes – maybe being extra season in march?
- Good food and atmosphere at Alexander Restaurant down on Athenon street
- Lemons from peoples gardens are sweeter and the skin looks great and oily vs lemons we can find on the market
- Walking and walking and walking nearly 20km in Limassol – oh, the new Limassol Marina is to die for !
- 2 and ½ days are not enough for this island – we decided this is a destination to go back too