Same as in the past years, we booked our flights through Vola and the hotels on Booking and we left. Easy, clean and trustworthy! Destination – Bari, Italy – with a trip to Napoli to visit Pompei.
- Best black chocolate dome, lava cake, what ever you call it, that I ever had – at La Corte del Borgo Antico – an Antipasteria Pizzeria located in the historical center of Bari
- From the same category of things that I have never had are soups – I’m a soup person and I always look in the menus for them. I know many countries don’t have „a cult for soups” but I try. So in Italy I found only 2 restaurants serving a so called soup. First one is again La Corte del Borgo Antico in Bari where I had some sort of mashed vegetable mix and the second one is in Pompei – Bar Sgambati – where instead of a beans soup I got what we call in Romania „mancare de fasole” – smashed beans with sauce. Both of them very tasty but definitely not soups.
- Lungomare din Bari – one of the longest promenades I’ve taken. Very similar to the one in Larnaca, Cyprus. You walk, you jog, you fish, you sunbathe ….
- Napoli got us by surprise with its level of cleanness on the streets – NOT! It’s an interesting city, diverse, with a place for everyone, very energetic and alive but definitely not clean. I’m still wondering how they are so calm with the traffic they have.
- Pizza is still Italian pizza. We had a quatro formaggi and a prosciutto crudo at Trattoria 7 Soldi in Napoli. Uhmmm, rucola rules on their pizzas!
- Fruit and fish market in Napoli. During our morning walk before leaving Napoli we accidentally came across this beautiful market. Fresh fish everywhere (although in restaurants I didn’t got impressed with the fish dishes, these looked amazing), fruits and typical Italian bakery – biscuits, pretzels and bread.
- Pompei – ancient buried city of Pompei is a maze of ruins with roads made of big rocks and very well preserved buildings. I’m not very into so much history but visiting is like stepping back in time. A walk in the gardens is a must too – even more when you trespass and get there by mistake, hehe!
- You know I’m sending postcards from the places I’m visiting. Nearly 2 weeks now and these from Italy didn’t reach their destination. Only if I could wait for them with a dark chocolate cake a la Borgo on my summer table…